Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Things that chap my hide...

I like to think that I'm not very easily angered/irritated, but there are a few things that totally drive me bananas.

Thing 1: People (I'm sorry, but ESPECIALLY men) who don't hold doors. RUDE! Hold the dang door. Even if I wasn't carrying an infant in a car seat and chasing/dragging a toddler along, I think you should still hold the door. Today at the post office the woman walking in in front of me looked back, saw that I was juggling a sleeping baby in a car seat and a large package to mail and she still let the door slam in my face.
Hey, thanks. You beat me to the mail counter, I hope your package gets there before mine.

Thing 2: People who park too close to your car and you can't get in. I drive a gigantic, beast of a car and I can seem to pay attention to how much space I'm taking up in a parking spot how about you and your Ford Fiesta do the same.
Disclaimer: Don't park beside me like this, I will go out of my way to 'accidentally' hit your car with my car door. It's hateful, I'm not proud, but I will do it.

Thing 3: People who don't yield to ped's in x-ings. Stop your car, wave me and my crazy crew across the street, feel good about yourself, and drive on. It's that simple.


Thank you for letting me vent. Maybe I should deal with my rage issues.


But I'll finish on a positive note. I went to Kroger yesterday to do my weekly grocery shopping. I took both kiddos along with me. They are usually angels. Yesterday they were not. But it had to be done, so I strapped Will in the baby bjorn, got my reusable bags, and went to get Avery Kate out. She wouldn't get out of the car. This was in regards to some altercation we had over Despicable Me earlier. Whatever, I smile and unbuckle her, pick her up, and carry her inside. She's screaming, kicking, pulling my dress up. A sweet little boy, about 9 ish who was carrying his younger brother stopped and asked me if I needed some help and another older gentleman also asked if I needed any help and he even got me a buggy. And as we got in line to check out Will started screaming and the sweet couple in front of me let us go ahead of them.
Thank you sweet people of Little Rock, to the rest of you, don't embarrass your Mama and remember to be courteous.

2 comments:

  1. Jess this is so funny. This is Jessica, Sheryl's SIL by the way.. It is so funny about the slamming the door into the car. I drive a Tahoe and I am always being courteous and trying to scoot my car over.. People park too close to be all the time!!! So hard to get in with the kids. So i just let Preston get out without my assistance and BAM.. oops! And I also feel you about the not holding the door! Craziness! Your blog is cute. Look forward to keeping up with you! Follow me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed throughout this whole post ... the crosswalk thing: that's because we went to school at the U of A where the crosswalk was God. And I love the niceness of people at Kroger - I think it's a Kroger thing, because I had people let me go in front of them when I was (obviously) pregnant, and everyone is always so courteous there ... and nothing like that has ever happened to me at Wally-world.

    ReplyDelete