Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vegas, Baby!


Blake and I just got back from a trip to Vegas to celebrate my 30th birthday and our 5th wedding anniversary....and a little spine conference action for Blaker. We left the Wednesday after my birthday and came back on Sunday. First time away from Will EVER and first time away from AK for more than a night. I had been diligently working on stocking my freezer with milk for this trip and I'm happy to report that they didn't even make a dent in the stockpile (I know you truly care about my freezer and it's breastmilk contents). It was hard to leave them, but I'm glad to say no one (except me) cried about it.

We stayed at the Flamingo since Blake's conference was there. We spent the first evening we got there just walking the strip and looking around. We watched the Bellagio fountain- "Time To Say Goodbye" AMAZING! The next day we slept in (this is so funny to me, because not only do we both get up pretty early anyway, we were on PST and we got up like at 5 AM feeling all refreshed and ready for the day) Got up went for a 4.5 mile run on the strip (seriously, on vay-cay? In Nevada in August? It's 105 at 7 AM, but it's a dry heat. So is my oven.). We had a yummy lunch at The County Club at Wynn where I enjoyed not cutting up chicken nuggets and a glass of Pinot Gris.
We spent most of the day lazing by the pool. This Flamingo GO Pool is not exactly a family friendly location, glad we didn't bring the kiddos. The first day we saw a girl get carted off for puking (nonstop) all over her cabana and the last day a young man get arrested for who knows what, but he resisted arrest so it was pretty entertaining. Oh and a mechanical bull riding contest- not really a some of the best decisions some of the bikini clad young ladies made. It was some super fun people watching. You actually couldn't get in the pool without touching someone. I have plenty of people always touching me at home, so I stayed out of the pool for the most part.

The next two days Blake was at his conference and I spent some time looking around The Forum Shoppes, Fashion Show and Miracle Mile shops. Amazing shopping- AMAZING. I ate lunch BY MYSELF twice. At Wolfgang Puck's Spago I had a pork tenderloin sandwich served on homemade soft pretzel bread with sauerkraut and homemade grainy mustard. If my mom had been there I would have slapped her it was so good (I'm giggling because I can't imagine what would happen if I ever slapped my mom, especially over a pretzel sandwich) We had two great dinners at Bobby Flay's MESA and Mon Ami Gabi. And we walked around in the evenings and held hands- just each others...kinda nice.

By Sunday, we were both ready to come home to the babes. I was so happy to see them I burst into tears in the airport.

Overall a great little trip! Here are a few pic's...



1 comment:

  1. Jess,
    Great pictures from your trip! I have always wanted to try pretzel bread! You guys ran on vacay... woah! ;)

    ReplyDelete