Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Never use a broiler that isn't your own and heed the weight warning on a silp-n-slide

So, we didn't take a real summer vacation this year- for obvious reasons: Blake works all the time and we have a 'new' baby. We did find a little weekend to scoot on up to Lake Norfork to spend a little time at the Phillips lake house. It was really pretty uneventful, but we had a great time. Will was only 6 weeks old, so we figured the boat was out of the question and the water level was so high there was no beach area for Avery. (She started this "I want to go to the beach" thing, we aren't sure why- she's only been when she was a tiny baby)

We really enjoyed ourselves.....

I tried out some new recipes.



Just hung out by the pool.



Enjoyed the outdoors.



Caught up on some sleep.




Some things I learned: Never trust a broiler that isn't your own- it will take your delicious S'mores Bar Cookie from 0 to engulfed in flames in less time than you think.
Always read and respect the weight warning on a slip-n-slide. Blake got a little too excited about our redneck water park that he ran, took a dive, hit the bump, and broke the slide. They just don't make them like the used too.

Well, it wasn't Seaside but it was fun. And very relaxing. Oh, and did I mention we all shared a king size bed (not that there aren't nine other beds in that house)

Maybe next year Avery.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously laughed out loud at the S'mores Bar Cookie - I have yet to master even my own broiler :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also laughed out loud at the S'mores Bar Cookie ... and then thought to myself, "Yummmmm, s'mores." And, as to using a broiler, Alan and I stored pots and pans in ours for over 3 years before we realized that it was a functional kitchen tool.

    ReplyDelete