Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HO, HO, Hope you don't mind I'm skipping a few holidays!

I love the holiday season! I'm so glad it's finally back! I already have my tree up, wreath on the front door, and garland on the porch! It's the most wonderful time of the year! I'm already using Santa as leverage.
(BT-Dubya: It's not working quite as well as I'd hoped)
We decorated the tree up one afternoon Blake was post-call so he could be a part of all the madness.
He and Carter manned the man chair, Avery and I decorated the tree, and Will broke various decorations, nativity pieces, etc.
Avery took this one...this is his typical reaction to his siblings

Getting our decorate on! What a horrible picture of myself..Grumble, grumble
Cookies and Milk at HH...my sweet boy

Avery and Mrs.Claus.
 We've already had sooo much fun and it's not even Thanksgiving yet! We have even already had family pics taken by the lovely Jodie Fairchild and the Christmas cards are made, stuffed, and addressed. Wahoo! I am ready.
I think ever year it gets more fun. Having little kids does make Christmastime so magical! When R and I were little our dad would shake jingle bell necklaces (you know the one, you know you had one and wore it ALL. THE. TIME. I did) to make us think the reindeer were flying away. AND we got to leave the tree on all night long. Little memories- the best ones. Ahhh! I can't wait. I hope my kids remember all the silly little things.

I'll leave you with a day early throwback (TBT, right?).
The picture from our first (maybe second) Christmas card. Amanda keeps this one on her fridge and I love it!

HO, HO, HOpe you have a great Thanksgiving.
Now, bring on the oreo truffles, macaroons, and fruit cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment